What is one thing you can never leave home without? A vast majority of people will scream “mobile phones.” And why not? We depend on our phones for a lot of things. We use it for navigation and communication, amongst other things. So, it isn’t that surprising to hear people state how attached to their mobile devices they seem to be.
As a business owner, people’s affinity to use their mobile phones almost all the time is something that can be used to your advantage.
Why Do You Need Smartphones In Your Business?
Smartphones are a crucial component of your business. Out for a meeting with a client? Your employees can reach out to you in case there is an emergency at the office and vise Versa. Additionally, having a smartphone is like lugging around a small computer. However, you must implement proper phone usage in your company. Precautionary and safety measures should be taken in anything related to your business files and applications.
- Enjoy your business wherever you are. You can take a few days off to experience life and learn new things that you can apply to your business.
- You can interact with your customers wherever they are. Nowadays, people prefer the convenience of having things delivered at their very home. Not everyone wants to get out of their way to do errands.
- Marketing through different online platforms can increase your profits. By doing so, you increase the odds of getting recognized by potential clients.
- Some businesses experience a reduction in the daily sales of their stores, as their online sales skyrocket. If the situation persists, you may have to let go of some of your in-store employees.
- Mobilizing your business requires the use of technology. It can be very costly and challenging to do. To ensure that you can maximize this investment, seek the help of experts.
Ways To Use Mobile Technology In Your Business
Have you decided to go for it? Then, you will need to set up the following
If you want to facilitate online services, then having a website should be your first concern. You probably already have a website, but might need to tweak it a little. If not, get domain name registration and hosting from Mailsafi. When setting your website, your goal is to craft a well-structured, informative, and user-friendly website.
GPS and Similar Technology
When you have made the sales, you should implement GPS in your delivery cars. Do bulk-purchasing if you need to do plenty of installments. Also, research if there are added technology you can utilize, such as apps that allow your customers to track down their purchase.
How do you get the word out that you have an online store? One way to do so is to come up with effective online marketing strategies, including but not limited to, adverts, and social media. Upon setting up social media platforms, always conduct updates. If you have the capacity to do so, hire a third-party service provider to save you some time. Consistently boost promotions and advertisements to widen your reach. Learn the tricks of the trade, and you can use social media or online marketing in general, to your advantage.
Based on your parameters, observe if mobile apps can propel your business forward. Hire mobile developers to create an app exclusively for your business. In this sense, all your patrons will find it easier to navigate through the services at any time. Take advantage of the fact that at this time and age, people prefer to purchase things through their phones than their personal computers or laptops. If you already have a website for your business, you can easily turn it into many applications like native apps, etc.
Mobile Technology In Your Business
The more you reach out to your customers, the more income your business can generate. Here are some ways you can incorporate mobile technology in your business:
Additional Mobile Payment Options
Without mobile phones, you will not have the capacity to take credit card payments.
Smartphones and tablets can facilitate constant communication between your team. Through these, scheduling and emails are a lot easier. Specific applications enable your team to collaborate, do preparations, and a lot of management tasks.
Use of QR Codes
Imprinting QR Codes on your promotional pieces is a great marketing strategy. The primary benefit of utilizing QR code is its flexibility. QR codes are used in just about everything related to your marketing efforts. It can bridge QR codes with your eCommerce. Additionally, these codes can serve as links to your promotions and advertisements.
No matter where you go, you can instantly send information through social media and emails without having to spend a lot of money on things like paper. You get to be efficient and resourceful.
There are many mobile apps, such as Slack, that you can use to coordinate with your team. Others can even aid in, tasks allocation, accounting, time management, and doing collaborations.
Tips To Effectively Use Mobile Technology
As a business owner, you should be more confident in implementing new tech, such as mobile technology. Below are some tips to help you draw courage for this venture.
- Everyone feels unsure whenever trying something new, so it is best to seek professional advice or help. Talk to people who already know what they are talking about. Ask your employees or co-workers what they think about what is hot and trending in the industry right now. They most likely have an opinion on how it will affect your business.
- Be positive about it, but do not expect it to be a one-size-fits-all solution. If you manage to attain 60% of your goal by incorporating mobile technology into your business, that is already doing well and good. An upgrade can open doors to new opportunities and learnings.
- All things related to technology, not limited to mobile tech, maximize free trials. Do not rely on hearsays, especially if you need to put in a lot of money on an app or a program. With free trials, you get to form an opinion about a new tech without regrets.
Mobile technology is one of the most significant developments in the business world. In the next few years, more progress is expected. Don’t wait too long before jumping on the trend.
About the Author:
Charles is a writer for GoNative.io. He is a tech enthusiast and an avid fan of Apple who spends most of his free time browsing the web for tech news and playing video games.